Scott Goodstein, founder & CEO of Catalyst Campaigns, is known in corporate, technology, and political circles for sparking change worldwide. He has evolved online mobilization strategies by successfully mixing art, music, and culture with direct actions.
In the US, Goodstein has co-founded numerous memorable nationwide movements, from Rock Against Bush (2004), Artists for Obama (2008), Abortion Access Front (2015), and Artists for Bernie (2016), to Artists United for Change (2020).
In 2008, Goodstein was tapped to develop Barack Obama’s innovative social media, mobile communications, and lifestyle marketing pieces for his presidential campaign. His programs successfully inspired more young voters than ever to engage in the political process.
Goodstein founded the progressive digital agency Revolution Messaging, where he broke the mold and built a new model. This hybrid creative agency, development team, and progressive incubator advanced new technologies for grassroots fundraising, online organizing, and issue advocacy. Under his leadership, the firm was awarded Digital Agency of the Year by the American Association of Political Consultants and Best Global Presidential Campaign by the European Association of Political Consultants.
Internationally, Goodstein has also designed and executed nationwide movements for social causes and candidates in Brazil, Belarus, Canada, France, Iraq, Israel, Mexico, Ukraine, and Uruguay. For his efforts around the globe, he’s been a featured panelist at South by Southwest, PopTech, Brookings Institute, the Milken Institute, and Personal Democracy Forum.
A lifelong activist in his own right, he is currently on the boards of InvisibleHands, PopTech, PlasticFreeRestaraunts, and JailGuitarDoors USA.
Goodstein regularly lectures at American University and is a contributing writer at TheHill.com
Scott Goodstein In The News…
- Politicians must be held accountable to FCC’s new anti-spamming rules
- Catalyst Campaigns’ Scott Goodstein on Yebiga, Working with Faith No More’s Bill Gould and Future Projects
- Punk Politico: Revolution Messaging’s Scott Goodstein
- Disinformation Via Text Message Is A Problem With Few Answers
- Addressing Incendiary Social Posts With Scott Goodstein Catalyst Campaigns
- Case Study: How the Obama Presidential Campaign Leveraged Mobile Marketing to Generate Support, Increase Participation and Outreach
- How the Sanders Campaign Got a Punk Sensibility